She was my class teacher in 5th standard. She introduced many new ideas to improve us, namely Rs. 1 fine for not talking in English and putting up a chart in the class where every students performance will be represented by a star (red - good, white - average, black - poor). That was really a different strategy from the age old way of teaching students. I was really impressed by her.
Then she again became my English teacher in class 9th. Though I sometimes disliked her for bringing the family background into her scoldings but later understood that was part of being Mrs. Bhatta; which was the name we used to refer to her among ourselves.
She not just groomed me into the person I am but also helped me in recognising that everyone is equal irrespective of language, caste, religion or sex.
She inculcated the belief and confidence in myself and helped me in being a good human.
But suddenly I heard the news of her passing away in a tragic way. It is really sad that we have lost her in such young age. Had she been there, she would have helped and encouraged thousands of students in being creative, tolerant and brilliant.
Losing her is like losing the light of knowledge and creativity for students of VSEC.
May her soul rest in peace.
We will miss you Mrs. Bhatta!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment