Monday, May 01, 2006

Childhood dreams

So my school friend Arindam made his childhood dream come true of having a Yamaha key-board. But what was my childhood dream? From a list of many dreams which I used to have long time ago I could find only few of them still floating somewhere in my mind, though none of them seem to be possible. One of my dream was to be an astronaut. Wow what a dream I had!
Floating in the space connected by a chord to a space-ship or jumping on the martian land. Well that was one hell of a dream, isn't it?
Another dream was of being an astronomer. You must be wondering as to why every dream related to space?
But as a child I used to be really amazed by the vast expanse of the sky and the twinkling stars. Lying on my back at the top of the roof I used to look into the dark sky for hours, sometimes lucky enough to see a shooting star or an orbiting satellite. I really wanted to find some new star or planet, but .........
During our childhood we dream a lot many things most of which we slowly forget as we grow up. We find new dreams and targets as we keep growing up and slowly just one dream remains of getting fatter and fatter pay-check.
Life would have been better had there only been childhood and childhood dreams!

No comments: