Saturday, June 19, 2010

My place of birth - The Earth

When the rivers were holy and pristine,
when the land was pure and full of divine.
Where the Gods lived and walked with us,
where there was no pain and sadness.

It wasn't a country, it wasn't a state,
it had no barriers, it had no gate.
It had place for the whole humanity,
it believed that every faith was worthy.

It had no wars, it had no plague,
there was righteousness at every stage.
Where people respected and loved others,
where there was greenery for acres and acres.

What terrible hast befallen thou,
where is the unity and brotherhood now?
You have been divided and ravaged,
your beauty has been severely damaged.

I feel melancholy whenever I think of you,
my heart just cries out for your rescue.
How crestfallen today is the land of my birth,
I am saddened, for my motherland Earth.

--Subeer

No comments: